3 reasons why you shouldn’t copy your friend’s legal document
If you’re like most entrepreneurs, you’re probably thinking:
- Ugh, the last thing I want to do is deal with the legal stuff in my business.
- Why do lawyers have to be so expensive anyway?
- Do I REALLY need to have legal documents up on my website or to use with clients?
Can’t I just grab something cheap off of the internet? Or better yet, can’t I just copy my friend’s legal document?
I know, I know. It’s not usually fun to get your legal documents in place. (Especially if you’re getting them without any Legal Love coming your way.)
- You just want to get it done so you can focus on what you do best – working with clients and changing the world.
- You just what’s fastest, easiest and cheapest, so you don’t have to spend too much money (or really ANY money).
- You just want to cut and paste – or buy some really cheap legal doc from some service online (aren’t all legal docs essentially the same anyway?).
Nope! They aren’t all the same.
Like with most things, when you’re trying to take the easy way out – or even a shortcut, shall we say – what often happens is that you don’t get what you pay for. The cheap version breaks. It gives out. It ends up being flimsy. It doesn’t hold up.
The same is true when it comes to legal documents.
Listen to podcast Episode 18 here to learn the 3 reasons why you shouldn’t copy your friends’ legal document – and what to do instead.
(Don’t have iTunes? Listen through my website here.)
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why copying someone’s legal document could get you into trouble
- How using longer legal documents can help you
- How to research which lawyer is right for your business
- 3 tips for choosing legal documents for your business
- Why I align legal documents with the Sacral Chakra
Bottom line: Cutting and pasting legal documents can leave holes the size of swiss cheese. I created this episode to tell you exactly how.
Be sure to grab your free Tip Sheet for this episode right here.
And remember, every single podcast episode is super-short – less than 20 minutes. Happy listening!!
Join Carolin Soldo and me for a FREE Masterclass this Wednesday, June 20 to learn her signature 4 Pillars for Business Success (that have helped me!). You’ll also learn about her live event and how to get an amazingly juicy legal bonus from me that includes a FREE LEGAL TEMPLATE! (I love gifts!!)
Save your seat for webinar right here and then join us LIVE this Wednesday at 2:30pm ET!