6 Simple Ways to Feel More Confident
Happy holidays!!! I hope you’re enjoying this time of year surrounded by family, friends, love and laughter! The holidays can be a time when we’re reminded about what we love about ourselves and our beloveds…and they can also be a time that’s hard when we doubt ourselves or feel we don’t measure up to others’ expectations.
I remember years ago visiting my Great Aunt Katy when I was 30. I was single at the time (I hadn’t met Scott yet). EVERY SINGLE TIME I saw her over the course of that year she’d ask: “So why don’t you have any gentlemen suitors?”
It made me feel like I was a total loser.
On the one hand, you would think that I wouldn’t care about my Great Aunt Katy’s opinion about not having a boyfriend. On the other hand, it was uncomfortable explaining that I couldn’t find “the one.” Just explaining it to her made me doubt myself and worry about whether any guy would ever want to marry me.
If you’re like me, or a lot of my clients, you doubt yourself too.
Not just during the holidays when you’re being drilled by relatives, but all the time. And not just about relationships, but about business too.
When you enter a new stage of your business, everything feels terrifying. Confident is the last thing that you feel when you’re setting up your business, stepping out of your comfort zone, or trying new things.
When it comes to confidence, we don’t always feel that we have it, but we all desperately need it and want it.
More often than not, you second-guess everything you’re doing—your e-newsletter, your logo, your branding, your website design, your free opt-in gift, your sales page, your webinar formats, your home office setup, your course purchases, your course offerings…The list goes on and on.
You question and doubt whether what you’re doing is “right” or what is “enough.”
And it’s easy to waste countless hours on Facebook or Instagram or other businesses’ websites seeing what they are doing and feeling crappy about yourself because you aren’t doing exactly what they’re doing—or even ANYTHING that they’re doing.
You aren’t the first to torture yourself with feeling “less than” or “not enough”—and you won’t be the last. The “fraud factor” is real.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What the “fraud factor” is and why we all have sleep-depriving fears and worries
- What happens when you begin to show up confidently and professionally in your work
- Why I believe the solar plexus chakra aligns with being confident and empowered
- 6 Simple Techniques to Feel More Confident Right Now
- Technique 1: Stop Beating Yourself Up
- Technique 2: Remember Who You Are
- Technique 3: Celebrate Your Wins
- Technique 4: Resource Your Feelings by Borrowing Them from the Past
- Technique 5: Fake It ’Til You Make It
- Technique 6: Practice Taking Small Steps Right Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Why it’s important to remember that “there’s no such thing as failure in business, only feedback”
I’m grateful for you and I’m sending you so much love – and confidence – this holiday season!