Don’t wing it working across state lines as a licensed medical practitioner. Here’s why.
“How can I work with people outside of my state? Or better yet – out of the country?”
“I want to work only online from the comfort of my home, but isn’t that risky? Do I put my license at risk? How can I do it safely?”
If you have one of these titles:
- Doctor of Medicine – MD
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – DO
- Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine – DC, DCM
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine – ND
- Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine/Acupuncture – DAcm, DAc, DAOM, etc.
- Doctor of Dental Medicine – DDM, DMD, DDS
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine – DPM
- Nurse Practitioner and Advanced Practice Nurse – DN, APRN
- Nurse – RN, RN-BASN, LPN
- Physician Assistant – PA
- Pharmacist – PharmD
- Registered Dietitian & Licensed Certified Nutrition Specialist
- Psychologist, Therapist, Counselor or Social Worker
- Physical Therapist – DPT, MPT
- Speech Pathologist/Therapist or Audiologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Massage Therapist
- All other licensed medical practitioners (I sooooo apologize if your title isn’t listed.)
You may want to expand your work beyond state lines.
You may have even thought about becoming a “functional medicine practitioner” or “health coach” – and wondered, how do licensed practitioners do that?
You’ve probably seen colleagues do this.
But you feel hesitant because you aren’t sure how to do it safely.
You likely have a million questions…
Can I be accused of practicing medicine without a license?
What about HIPAA?
Am I able to offer lab tests and supplements across state lines?
Could I create an online course to reach more people?
What legal documents do I need to use?
What are the consequences if something goes wrong?
How should I set up things correctly?
You are wise to ask these questions.
It’s SO important not to wing it. Here’s why:
I recently had a doctor reach out who was creating an online course.
She’d already recorded 60 (yes 60!) videos. (Boatloads of work!)
When I reviewed everything, I had to tell her horrible news. She had made a huge error about her title, course name and content in every.single.video – and she had to go back and correct each and every one.
I (lovingly) told her that I wished that she had come to me BEFORE creating her online course. Then she wouldn’t have wasted hours of time, thousands of dollars, and lots of effort in front of the camera recording her videos. And now she had to heavily edit or re-record them.
The time has come for me to teach licensed practitioners how to protect themselves in this weird post pandemic space, but when there are still strong medical licensure laws in place.
Over the past decade, I’ve worked with (literally) hundreds of licensed medical practitioners like you. I’ve shared the legalities with taking a practice online.
I’ve helped them learn how to run their practices and reach more clients… and here’s the key!… without putting themselves or their licenses at risk.
Yep! I’m one of very few lawyers in the country who was a former health care lawyer in a large corporate law firm working with hospitals and medical practitioners. AND I’m a health coach and life coach myself, trained through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and CoachU. AND I have 10 years of experience working with practitioners and coaches in the online space.
I truly understand the legal issues and risks that you’re facing where you want more flexibility in how you work, but you want to do it correctly – and now.
That’s why I created a quick way to get ALL of the legal information you need to know how to do this SAFELY.
Introducing a new legal course with a live group workshop and 2 private 1-on-1 calls with me….
How does this course work?
- You’ll start with a 3-hour live group workshop on Friday, November 4, 2022 from 12 pm – 3 pm ET
This is a classroom-style workshop that is jam-packed with information where you’ll create your profitable business profile with the services and programs that are most aligned for you.
You’ll also learn the right legal documents to use to save you time, stress and struggle.
The workshop will be recorded.
(uninflated value: $1,500)
- You’ll receive a Build your Online Practice Workbook to complete during the workshop.
The workbook includes your:
(1) Profitable Business Profile to design your new business map.
(2) DIY Legal Templates Tip Sheet so you know the right legal documents to use (and where to get them).
(3) Workshop Agenda and more.
(uninflated value: $497)
- You’ll be invited to 2 1-hour private Power Hours with me by phone to get your specific questions answered.
We recommend scheduling:
1 Power Hour near or shortly after the workshop to ask your questions from the workshop – and 1 Power Hour after you’ve implemented steps to grow and expand your business.
There is no expiration date for your Power Hours.
(uninflated value: $1,094)
- You’ll also receive access to 7 DIY Legal Master Classes
You’ll get 7 1-Hour recorded classes with follow-along tip sheets to do on your own time and get clear around:
(1) State nutrition law basics for health coaches
(2) How not to make medical claims – and what to do instead
(3) Which laws do I follow when I see clients virtually?
(4) How do I get started with Trademarking?
(5) How do I know if I need an LLC or S-Corp?
(6) Insurance basics
(7) How to save money on taxes & set up your finances correctly.
(uninflated value: $697)
Total course value: $3,788
Impact on business growth and peace of mind: Priceless
I know you’re tired of secretly envying your online colleagues, holding yourself back because you’re scared, or wondering when you’ll have time to do the research involved.
I’ve made it easy for you. You just show up. I’ll teach you the rest.
Here’s to knowing how to reduce your risk when you want to expand your reach as a licensed medical practitioner!