episode 29: Copyright 101 and how to use the “little C”
You may not know it, but copyright principles apply to EVERYTHING you do as an online entrepreneur or small business owner, including social media, blog posts, e-books, books, program materials, course handouts, emails, website content, sales pages…you name it!
Copyright can seem confusing. You may be unsure what Copyright even is or when to use the Copyright symbol. In this episode, you’ll learn the basics about Copyright 101 – and you’ll get clear about when and where you can use the “Little C” Copyright symbol to honor your work.
in this episode you’ll learn:
- What Copyright rights are – and when you can claim them
- When your Copyright rights REALLY begin
- When to use the “Little C” Copyright symbol
- Whether you HAVE to use the “Little C” to protect your work
- How to handle Copyright infringement
- What a DMCA Takedown Notice is and how it can help you
- The benefits of filing a Copyright with the US Copyright Office
- How to correctly write the Copyright symbol
- Why I associate Copyright with the throat chakra
Easy Legal Steps on Amazon – order the full book here
Episode 16 on “How to Legally Use Images on Social Media”
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
This podcast is attorney advertising and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. It is educational and informational and not legal advice. Always work directly with an attorney about your specific situation. References to clients include truthful statements from real clients but their names have been changed to protect confidentiality. These client stories are not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal situation. They are shared purely to educate and inform you about potential general legal issues that may arise in business. Guest experts have not been compensated for their interviews.