episode 49: what to do when a client “ghosts” you
and doesn’t pay
One of the biggest Legal Pickles™ that can happen to you is when a client “ghosts” you without notice and stops paying. The client flat out disappears. “Ghosting” can feel scary and frustrating when it happens. What should you do if your client suddenly stops paying you?
In this episode you’ll learn 4 steps to take if a client “ghosts” you so you can try to collect the payments owed to you.
in this episode you’ll learn:
- 4 action steps to take if a client ghosts you
- Why you should start with kindness
- When to send your client a detailed email
- When you should use a formal collections letter
- Why you should ALWAYS get your client’s street address and phone number
- How to work with a collections agency if needed
- Why I align money, boundaries, and contracts with the sacral chakra
This podcast is attorney advertising and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. It is educational and informational and not legal advice. Always work directly with an attorney about your specific situation. References to clients include truthful statements from real clients but their names have been changed to protect confidentiality. These client stories are not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal situation. They are shared purely to educate and inform you about potential general legal issues that may arise in business. Guest experts have not been compensated for their interviews.