episode 52: legal 101 for fitness instructors
& yoga teachers
I have been asked for YEARS by fitness instructors, personal trainers, health club owners, and yoga teachers what they need to do on the legal front to protect their businesses. As an ACE certified fitness instructor AND a lawyer, I understand what you do, how your business works, and what legal protection you need.
In this episode, I address 8 frequently asked questions about how to protect yourself from risk and lawsuits as a personal trainer, fitness instructor or yoga teacher.
Don’t forget to download the Tip Sheet to get a list
of recommended insurance companies for fitness experts.
in this episode I share:
- How to protect yourself as a fitness instructor, personal trainer or yoga teacher
- What you should do when teaching group exercise classes or yoga workshops
- When clients should sign an Event Waiver
- Whether an Event Waiver can cover more than just one class
- What legal document you should use when working with 1-on-1 clients
- How to know if you’re putting yourself at risk as a health club owner if you don’t have an LLC or S-Corp
- Whether you really need to have insurance
- How you protect yourself when teaching online fitness courses
This podcast is attorney advertising and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. It is educational and informational and not legal advice. Always work directly with an attorney about your specific situation. References to clients include truthful statements from real clients but their names have been changed to protect confidentiality. These client stories are not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal situation. They are shared purely to educate and inform you about potential general legal issues that may arise in business. Guest experts have not been compensated for their interviews.