episode 84: what are assets – and 4 ways to protect them
You hear accountants, lawyers and financial planners kick around the word “assets.” But, what exactly ARE assets? How do you know if you have any personal or business assets worth protecting right now? (You might be surprised to know that you likely do!) What should you do to protect them?
In this podcast episode, we demystify the world of assets and break down the 2 main types of assets and 4 common ways to protect them.
in this episode you’ll learn:
- A general definition of assets
- What falls into the 2 main categories of assets for small biz owners: personal assets and business assets
- 4 important ways to protect your assets
- How a business entity like an S-Corp or LLC protects your business assets
- How creating a Will and/or Trust can protect your personal assets
- How Trademarks and Copyrights protect your intellectual property
- Why I align corporate entities to protect your assets with the third eye chakra
Easy Legal Steps – download the first book chapter free!
Episode 6—When Do I Need an LLC?
Episode 39 – 3 Things All LLCs Must Do
Episode 13 – What’s an S-Corp and When Do You Need It?
Episode 20 – 6 Reasons to Go Pro with an LLC or S-Corp
Episode 7—What You Should Trademark
Episode 25 – How to Trademark in 2 Steps: The Search and the Application
This podcast is attorney advertising and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. It is educational and informational and not legal advice. Always work directly with an attorney about your specific situation. References to clients include truthful statements from real clients but their names have been changed to protect confidentiality. These client stories are not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal situation. They are shared purely to educate and inform you about potential general legal issues that may arise in business. Guest experts have not been compensated for their interviews.