[Podcast] Trademarking gone wrong – don’t do this!
One of the most complicated areas of the law that impacts entrepreneurs, coaches and holistic professionals is Trademarking.
It’s trickier than it looks.
Your Trademark Application description needs to be spot-on and really specific, or it may have holes that leave you vulnerable to others financially benefiting from your hard-earned brand identity and value.
Trademarking is really a legal way to protect your brand recognition and to keep two unrelated brands from being confused by consumers in the marketplace.
It’s such an important area that in this podcast episode you’re going to hear an impactful story of Trademarking gone wrong – and what can happen to even well-intentioned entrepreneurs if a Trademark Application doesn’t have a thorough Trademark description.
The story happened to a strong entrepreneur named Simone around the Trademark for “Own Your Power®”. It’s about when Oprah challenged her Trademark. Yep, THAT Oprah.
You’ll hear what went wrong and where the holes were in the Trademark Application that caused such heartache for Simone. (It had nothing to do with Oprah being a mega-star, in case you’re wondering.)
You’re also going to learn what she could have done instead – so you don’t make the same mistake when you Trademark your brand. This episode is full of #lessonslearned.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What can happen when a federal Trademark Application isn’t done properly
- Two key elements of the Trademark Application – the Description and Classes
- Why you should work with an attorney when Trademarking
- The value of “Owning Your Power” as an entrepreneur and business owner
- Why Trademarking is the crown jewel for business owners and entrepreneurs
- Why I align Trademarking with the crown chakra
Be sure to grab your Tip Sheet for this episode HERE for a fab summary of this episode – no need to take notes, my friend!
Here’s to protecting your brand through Trademarking – the right way.