Want to know your state nutrition laws? Here’s one way how.
For years and years, health coaches and holistic practitioners have asked me to teach a class on how to navigate “red state” nutrition laws and what exactly you can do if you’re in a “yellow state” or “green state” so you don’t get in trouble.
True story. Three days ago a health coach contacted me to tell me she’s being investigated by the State of Maryland.
The health coach had received a letter from the Board of Dietetic Practice in Maryland which is investigating her by saying she is “practicing dietetics without a license” and that the “Board voted to open an investigation against her regarding the allegation”.
I could tell that she was scared that she would have to pay a fine or shut down her practice and she didn’t know how to proceed. She said she wished she had known what Maryland law said BEFORE she opened her practice so she wouldn’t be investigated right now.
It hurts my heart when these situations happen.
As a lawyer, my goal is always to help you know how to learn what the law says and reduce your risk.
Every health coach and holistic practitioner needs to know what you can and can’t do and say as a health coach which is dependent on each state’s law.
I’ve created a brand new DIY Legal Master Class on “State Nutrition Law Basics for Health Coaches” – and I’m doing 2 things:
1. In honor of my 50th birthday, you can get the Master Class at 50% now through 11:59pm PT Friday, June 12 (with coupon code BIRTHDAY).
2. I’m donating 50% of all profits from this week’s purchases of the Legal Master Class to the NAACP in memory of George Floyd and to honor all BBIPOC.
Learn more HERE. (Don’t forget to use coupon code BIRTHDAY).
In under 1 hour you’ll learn:
- 4 reasons why it’s important to understand your state laws
- 3 types of state laws you need to understand
- General guidelines for “red,” “yellow” and “green” states so you know what to do
- How to find out what your state nutrition laws say
And, I answer frequently asked questions like:
- How do I find out what my state laws say?
- If my business is registered in a “red state”, do I need to move from a “red state” to “green state”?
- Why didn’t my health coaching school teach me about my state laws?
- What happens if my state laws change in the future?
- What do I do if my health coaching practice is based outside of the US?
This DIY Legal Master Class is an easy do-it-yourself way to find out more about your state nutrition laws outside of having a personal consultation with an attorney in your state.
Please note that the Master Class does not walk through the language of each of the 50 states as that would be too time-consuming for a 1-hour class.
Instead, this Class teaches you how to find out what your state law says so you’ll feel more empowered and safe to know what your state law says today and where to look to stay on top of any future changes as well.
Here’s to empowering yourself around your state nutrition laws – and to remembering George Floyd and honoring all BBIPOC.