episode : how do I know if my legal documents cover me?
If you’ve been using legal documents for a while but you aren’t sure if they’re really covering your buns, this episode is for you. It’s one thing to use a Client Agreement or Website Terms and Conditions, but it’s another thing altogether to know whether or not they’re actually protecting you – or whether they have holes and vulnerabilities that expose you to risk.
In this episode, you learn 4 easy steps to know whether or not your legal documents have your back.
in this episode you’ll learn:
- 4 steps to find out whether your legal documents cover you
- Step 1—Take inventory of your legal documents to see what legal documents you already have in place
- Learn which key legal documents are most often needed when working with clients
- Step 2—For each legal document, ask yourself, “where did I get this document?”
- Step 3—Once you’ve identified the source of the legal document, have it reviewed by a lawyer who understands your work
- Why it’s beneficial to work with a lawyer who clearly understands your programs and services and the work that you do
- Step 4—After you hire a lawyer, your document will be reviewed and possibly edited, or you’ll receive a recommendation for a brand new contract or DIY Legal Template
- Why I align legal documents with the sacral chakra
Easy Legal Steps – download the first book chapter free!
This podcast is attorney advertising and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. It is educational and informational and not legal advice. Always work directly with an attorney about your specific situation. References to clients include truthful statements from real clients but their names have been changed to protect confidentiality. These client stories are not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal situation. They are shared purely to educate and inform you about potential general legal issues that may arise in business. Guest experts have not been compensated for their interviews.