How do I know if my legal documents cover me?
Before I dive headfirst into sharing today’s episode, can you believe this is the 100th podcast episode???
I’m celebrating this milestone with a big glass of kombucha (not of wine since I gave up drinking alcohol back in 2007!) here in my office – and I have a smile on my face from ear to ear!
I’ve been honored to be able to share these quick and easy legal, life and business tips and some fun and interesting guests every single week for 100 weeks straight – and I didn’t miss a week! I hope that the law has been a little more palatable and easier to understand and you’ve felt the Legal Love in each one of the episodes.
I do know that LOTS of people have come up to me at conferences and told me they listen to the podcast or they’ve read my book. It has meant so much to me to know that you’ve gotten some good educational tips about the law from these resources that I’ve created for you.
And, I don’t usually share this but each podcast episode takes about 5 hours to write, record and produce, and I want you to know that I have put my whole heart into each one. Today’s episode is no different…
If you’ve been using legal documents for a while but you aren’t sure if they’re really covering your buns, this episode is for you.
It’s one thing to use a Client Agreement or Website Terms and Conditions, but it’s another thing altogether to know whether or not they’re actually protecting you – or whether they have holes and vulnerabilities that expose you to risk.
TODAY is a good day to take inventory of your legal documents and to energetically boost your boundaries.
Listen to the Legally Enlightened Episode 100 on iTunes HERE to learn 4 easy steps to know whether or not your legal documents have your back.
Don’t have iTunes? Listen on my website HERE.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- 4 steps to find out whether your legal documents cover you
- Step 1—Take inventory of your legal documents to see what legal documents you already have in place
- Learn which key legal documents are most often needed when working with clients
- Step 2—For each legal document, ask yourself, “where did I get this document?”
- Step 3—Once you’ve identified the source of the legal document, have it reviewed by a lawyer who understands your work
- Why it’s beneficial to work with a lawyer who clearly understands your programs and services and the work that you do
- Step 4—After you hire a lawyer, your document will be reviewed and possibly edited, or you’ll receive a recommendation for a brand new contract or DIY Legal Template
- Why I align legal documents with the sacral chakra
Have a listen (it’s just 17 minutes) here.
Remember, as always, I believe you’re set free to do your best work and create anything that you want when you get legally covered in a loving way.
I’m so proud that we’ve reached 100 episodes of the Legally Enlightened Podcast! Don’t forget that we’re going to give the podcast a “pause” for a bit so that we can bring you some new content in a slightly different format in 2020…Stay tuned and watch your inbox going forward! I’m excited!