Last day to save 50% to learn about your state nutrition laws
In the midst of COVID-19 and the raised awareness of racial inequities in our country, there is also the stress of starting an online business and knowing what you can and can’t do in your state, particularly as a health coach or holistic practitioner.
During the past few weeks, I’ve wanted to help you have a health coaching practice which feels energetically aligned for you in the midst of so much uncertainty – and that is consistent with following state laws so you don’t put yourself or your business at risk.
I’ve been getting questions about why it’s so important to understand your state nutrition laws as a health coach, so I thought I would share the 4 main reasons:
- To know what you can and can’t do so you aren’t violating the law. Each state law differs about what you can/cannot do or say and you want to be clear about your own state law so you don’t inadvertently violate it.
- To know what title you can call yourself. Some states have “title protection laws” which forbid you from calling yourself a “nutritionist” or “dietician” unless you’re licensed, certified, or registered so you are using the correct title.
- To learn how you can practice with your clients. Some states have strict limitations around working with 1-on-1 clients, in groups or even offering educational programs and you may not be aware of that.
- To determine your comfort level with risk. Get clear about your state laws so you can make decisions for your business in alignment with your risk tolerance.
That’s why I’ve created a brand new DIY Legal Master Class on “State Nutrition Law Basics for Health Coaches” – and I’m doing 2 things:
1. In honor of my 50th birthday, you can get the Master Class at 50% off now through 11:59pm PT TONIGHT (with coupon code BIRTHDAY).
2. I’m donating 50% of all profits from last week + today’s purchases of the Legal Master Class to the NAACP in memory of George Floyd and to honor all BBIPOC.
It’s important to use not only our voices but also our income to support all people of color in having equal treatment under the law and in our society. (For more about taking a stand as an ally for BBIPOC and my decision to support the NAACP, please CLICK HERE.)
Learn more about the DIY Legal Master Class on state laws HERE. (Don’t forget to use coupon code BIRTHDAY).
Sending you so much love and clarity as a health coach so you can feel safe, secure, confident and empowered to create whatever you want in your biz and supporting all people in being treated with equal love and respect under the law and by each of us.