Legal 101 for fitness instructors & yoga teachers
I have been asked for YEARS by fitness instructors, personal trainers, health club owners, and yoga teachers what they need to do on the legal front to protect their businesses.
You may not know it, but BESIDES being a lawyer, I became certified as a fitness instructor through the American Council on Exercise (ACE) back in 2012.
Exercise is a huge part of my life and always has been. I have run 3 marathons and I workout with weights and do yoga regularly. I share this with you because if you’re a fitness instructor or yoga teacher, rest assured, I understand what you do, how your business works, and what legal protection you need.
In this episode, I address 8 frequently asked questions as we dive into the “Legal 101” about how to protect yourself from risk and lawsuits as a personal trainer, fitness instructor or yoga teacher.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to protect yourself as a fitness instructor, personal trainer or yoga teacher
- What you should do when teaching group exercise classes or yoga workshops
- When clients should sign an Event Waiver
- Whether an Event Waiver can cover more than just one class
- What legal document you should use when working with 1-on-1 clients
- How to know if you’re putting yourself at risk as a health club owner if you don’t have an LLC or S-Corp
- Whether you really need to have insurance
- How you protect yourself when teaching online fitness courses
And be sure to grab your episode Tip Sheet HERE. (It’s a good one! It includes my curated list of insurance companies for fitness instructors and yoga teachers!)
Have a listen to the podcast to make sure you’re protecting yourself in the fitness space.
Here’s to knowing the “Legal 101” as a fitness instructor or yoga teacher – and to running your biz like a pro! (“Running” – heh heh – get it? Pun totally intended!)