Can’t I just use one legal document for everything?
One day, my client Jamie who is a yoga teacher and functional nutrition practitioner (of course, that’s not her real name to protect her confidentiality) reached out by email and asked me:
Lisa, isn’t there a one-size-fits-all legal document I can use for everything in my business? Can’t I just get one legal template that covers everything that I do? I don’t understand why I need to have so many legal documents. Don’t they all basically say the same thing… that I’m not liable for what I’m doing? Isn’t one document enough?
You would think that it would make sense to just have ONE legal document to cover ALL.OF.THE.THINGS.
But, here’s what I said to Jamie:
Yes, it would be wonderful, wouldn’t it? A one-size-fits-all legal document sounds heavenly! I totally agree! However…just like how each person’s body is unique and there’s no “one-size-fits-all” diet for every person on the planet, each legal document has a unique and different role based on the person or business situation you’re in.
In fact, I told her that…
“Bioindividuality applies to your business too.”
The bottom line is that unfortunately, there’s no one-size-fits-all diet for the human body – or one-size-fits-all legal document for your business!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What “bio-individuality” means and how it applies to your business
- Why there’s no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all legal document”
- 3 real-life examples of when to use different legal documents than your biz bestie
- Why your paperwork isn’t the same as everyone else’s when filing your LLC
- How using your own legal documents helps protect your income
- How trademarking your brand gives you advantages over others who don’t protect theirs
- Why I align trademarking with the crown chakra
- PLUS 3 free ways to learn what to do for your business on the legal front
Have a listen here (it’s less than 15 minutes!) Short and sweet!
Here’s to honoring the “bioindividuality” of your business as much as your body!