Cheryl Giambattista on detoxifying your beauty products
“Clean beauty” is gaining in popularity… but what does it really mean?
I met Cheryl Giambattista recently at Cathy Sykora’s health coaching conference where I was speaking. I fell in love with her positive energy, emotional life story, heavy Canadian accent (!) and her knowledge around reducing your toxic load by making simple swaps with your food and beauty products to love your body and skin from the outside in!
Cheryl’s journey into holistic health began after her son was diagnosed with Leukemia at age 4. As devastating as that experience was, Cheryl saw first-hand the difference good nutrition and lowering your toxic load makes for good health. (Don’t worry – he’s now 30+, married, with a young son and – get this! – he’s an oncologist in Canada!)
As a Certified Holistic Nutrition Health Coach and Clean Beauty Advocate, with more than 10 years experience in health coaching, plus 2 Bachelor’s degrees in Psychology and Education, Cheryl is the Founder of her “Health Coach Cheryl” business and the “Simple Swaps to Slim Down Program” which helps you achieve your healthiest and leanest body you’ve ever had.
Cheryl helps women and families make the swap to clean beauty to live cleaner, healthier and happier lives.
Listen to The Legally Enlightened Podcast Episode 94 on iTunes HERE to hear more about how to detoxify your beauty products to reduce your toxic load.
Don’t have iTunes? Listen on my website here.
In this episode, Cheryl and I share:
- How Cheryl incorporates the idea of “simple swaps” in all aspects of life
- How Cheryl’s son’s Leukemia diagnosis led her to health coaching
- What inspired Cheryl to turn to “clean beauty” and focus on the body from the outside in
- What many consumers don’t know about everyday beauty products
- Cheryl’s experience searching for clean beauty products and what she discovered
- How one company is lobbying to get the laws changed in the US and Canada to outlaw some of the 1,400 toxic ingredients used in most beauty products
- The ingredients used (and not used!) in Beautycounter products
Here’s to clean beauty!