Does HIPAA apply to health coaches?
One of the areas that sooooo many holistic practitioners and health coaches are concerned about is the confidentiality of their client records and information… which is a good thing!
As a health coach, you need to know if you have to follow HIPAA requirements.
You may be wondering…
- Are you required to follow HIPAA policies?
- Does HIPAA apply if clients share lab test results with you?
- Do you need to use HIPAA-compliant websites and online platforms?
- Are you legally required to keep client information safe? If so, how?
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What HIPAA is and who must follow HIPAA
- What happens when a client shares medical information with a health coach
- What exception to the HIPAA law might apply to you
- Who’s considered a “business associate” according to HIPAA
- 4 ways to keep client information confidential as a health coach, including when you can’t disclose names or details about your clients
Here’s to protecting the confidentiality of your client records and information!