Freda Salamy on how to reverse a “Shame Attack”
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the times I’ve felt ashamed for things I’ve done in the past, whether in my personal life and my business life.
For small things like the too bright lipstick I wore in 2 Facebook videos b/c my lighting was terrible and I kept thinking my makeup wasn’t bright enough. (Ugh – that fuscia lipstick is abhorrent.)
For how nervous I was in my first videos and how stiff and scared I sounded when I was talking about why you need a Website Disclaimer – or when I was standing by a pool outside in the middle of an event talking about LLCs. (Seriously?)
For when I used to eat fistful after fistful of peanut M&Ms that I stashed in my giant mahogany desk at the law firm because I was a nervous wreck when I was younger.
It’s easy to beat ourselves up now thinking that back then we should have known what we know now. But back then we didn’t have the knowledge we do now. We can be so hard on ourselves, and we can get hit with a “Shame Attack” when we least expect it.
The problem with shame is that is stays with us… until we heal it.
One of my saving graces for the past year has been my coach/mentor Freda Salamy.
Freda has taught me that moving energy through your body to clear trauma is critical for being able to move forward in my business (not to mention lose weight.)
Sometimes we’re very aware of the past trauma we’ve experienced (like my embarrassment about my videos or eating WAAAAAY too many peanut M&Ms), but other times we don’t realize that small traumas can have a long-lasting effect.
That’s why I’ve invited Freda Salamy, MA, MFT to be my podcast guest this week.
If you don’t know Freda, she is a licensed body-centered trauma therapist and Holistic Health Life Coach. She specializes in guiding clients through both revealing and healing emotional trauma held in the mind, body and soul so they can finally have the life they want.
Freda is the creator of Invoke and Release®, a powerful healing modality that allows for deep letting go in an accelerated way, and the founder of The Rejuvenated You, an online platform with the signature course, Reveal and Heal Obstacles to Your Success. This deep dive course enables rapid healing, and The Rejuvenated You Healing Circle Membership allows for long-term mastery and support to learn tools, heal and integrate the pain of your past. Years of Freda’s mindfulness and meditation practice, professional trainings and personal transformation shine through with her work with clients.
I invited Freda to share 3 tips on how to bypass the brain to reverse a “Shame Attack” when hit shows up. These tips have been a mental lifesaver for me – not kidding! And they have helped me lose weight. #bonusbenefit
In this episode, Freda and I discuss:
- The importance of inner healing work so you can show up for yourself and others
- A visualization practice to help you feel less intimidated by your emotions
- Tip #1: Ask yourself “What am I feeling right now?” Name the emotion and number it on a scale of 1-10.
- Tip #2: Tapping on your thymus to allow your mind to feel what you feel and breathe into it until you feel calm.
- Tip #3: Think about something that creates peace for you, like a word or an experience that makes you feel good and breathe.
- What it means to activate your frontal lobe and why it’s important to access this part of your brain
- What a “shame attack” is – and how to reverse it when it happens
- Why trauma looks and feels different for everyone
- Why Freda believes in legal documents and why she trademarked her brand
- Why you should feel aligned with the coaches, healers, and people you bring into your life
Sit back, relax and enjoy this short 33 minute tip-filled episode!
I’m so grateful to Freda for helping me to move some of my past shame and trauma out of my body – and for the side effect of helping me to lose weight. Amazing!
Don’t forget to join Nathalie Garcia, founder of Practice Better, and me for a no-cost webinar this Wednesday, July 24 at 12 pm PT/3 pm ET to learn more about how to use an online platform to save time, money and energy at any stage of your biz.
And you’ll learn:
- Why it’s so important to have systems in place in order to be successful in your wellness business – so you don’t go crazy or work yourself to death!
- How putting much of your daily work on autopilot will increase your profit.
- How Nathalie’s online platform called Practice Better can be your one-stop shop to book clients, host program content, and more.
This webinar is going to be live and Nathalie and I will be taking as many questions as you can throw at us!
Can’t make it live? Don’t worry – register and we will send you the replay.